Friday, June 24, 2011

Jessica’s “I Am Beautiful Because…”

We lived in the same cockroach-infested promise-breaking complex with the pool I never swam in. We went to church in the same building on campus, and wore dresses to the same Relief Society and the same Sunday School class. We played powderpuff football together and I had no idea.

I had no idea that she was just like me, that she cared about how she looked and worried about it. She seemed so effortless.

I just can’t tell the world of women enough times: everyone cares. Everyone worries about how they look. Let’s all just give each other a break—resolve to accept compliments, wear the first outfit we try on in the morning, and let other women wear and be what they want.

Jessica is a psychology major and has her mission papers in! She's also thinking about grad school, and I can't wait to see what she does! She is such a strong woman--she will just be great at whatever she decides to pursue.

I LOVED Jessica’s response to the prompt…
jessicaDSC_0117b DSC_0051bDSC_0077b DSC_0098bDSC_0168bDSC_0111b DSC_0114b
Jessica, I have a woman crush on you.
See more from this project here.

No comments:

Post a Comment